A tooth that is severely decayed or infected can receive a root canal to mend and save it. The procedure removes the nerve and pulp and the inside of the tooth is sealed off. Root canals are necessary to keep tissue from becoming infected and to stop the formation of abscesses.
Signs that root canal treatment may be necessary:
- pain/throbbing around a tooth
- sensitivity to temperature
- severe decay
- injury that impacts the bone
How A Root Canal Is Performed
- After anesthetic is given, a hole is created in the tooth, expanding down to the pulp
- Small dental instruments are used to extract any remaining pulp
- The tooth is disinfected and sealed with a strong material that will prevent new infection.
Our Doctor is trained in endodontic treatment. Difficult procedures will be referred to a specialist.
Our friendly staff is available right now to answer any questions or concerns that you might have regarding root canal treatment. Call us today!